Hummingbird’s requirements management solution helps in documenting, analyzing, tracing, prioritizing, collaborating and agreeing on requirements and then controlling change and communicating to relevant business owners. It is a continuous process throughout the project lifecycle.
Best Practices for Requirements Management
- Stakeholders - Identifying and involving stakeholders when requirements are collected.
- Iterative Process - Requirements management is an ongoing and iterative process conducted throughout the project lifecycle.
- Review and Approve - Defined requirements should be reviewed and approved by the business owners.
- Good Documentation - Defined requirements should be centrally documented using a robust tracking system.
- Unique Identifier - Each requirement should have be uniquely identified and recorded as single line entry.
- Traceability - Traceability should be centrally documented using a robust tracking system.
- Reviews - Regular reviews of requirements and their traceability is a good project management practice.